Online CIRTL workshops offer the opportunity to engage with experts across the CIRTL Network from your own device, without the more intensive time commitment of a course. Space is limited and advanced registration is required to attend these workshops from the national Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL) Network. Each workshop opens for registration about a month in advance and closes about one week before the workshop’s first meeting date. Workshops will involve some pre- and post-session work.
Contact email@example.com with questions or to borrow equipment such as webcams and headphones.
Getting Ready to Teach in the American Classroom: Building Rapport and Effective Communication Skills
- Wednesday, February 6, 2:00-3:30pm ET
- Develop and practice your own strategies for effective communication with students in this case-study-based online workshop.
- Early registration: December 10 – January 18. Regular registration: January 21 – February 1. All seats filled as of 1/28/19
- Tuesday, February 12 and Tuesday, February 19, 12:00-1:30pm ET
- Draft a diversity statement – sought after in job applications – that incorporates your own experiences and helpful strategies in this two-part online workshop. Cap: 40
- Early registration: December 10 – January 25. Regular registration: January 28 – February 8. All seats filled as of 1/28/19
- Thursday, February 28, 1-2:30pm ET
- Become familiar with a variety of digital tools designed to enhance student learning in this one-part online workshop.
- Early registration: December 10 – February 7. Regular registration: February 11-22. Nearly full, register soon
- Monday, April 22, 2:00-4:00pm ET
- Learn how to advise effectively, and explore the different advising roles faculty play depending on institutional type.
- Early registration: December 10 – April 5. Regular registration: April 8-19. No cap.