Travel and Training Programs
Travel Funding Opportunities Related to Teaching Development
- CIRTL at Cornell Travel Grants – CIRTL at Cornell certificate program participants can apply for travel grants to further training in teaching (up to $500) or present a Teaching as Research project beyond Cornell (up to $1000).
- CIRTL Network Summer Teaching Institutes – Spanning May-August, you can apply to attend 2- to 5-day institutes at other universities such as Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Colorado at Boulder. Cornell graduate students and postdocs may contact firstname.lastname@example.org about a travel grant application.
- National CIRTL Forum – The 6th National CIRTL Forum will be held at Drexel University on October 13-15, 2019. Cornell graduate students and postdocs may contact email@example.com about potential travel funding to present completed Teaching as Research projects.
- CIRTL Network Exchange Program – CIRTL at Cornell participants who have completed a Teaching as Research project can apply for a fully funded visit to one of nearly 40 research universities to give a research and teaching talks and network with disciplinary colleagues. Applications are accepted at any time, but may require several months of lead time with CIRTL program directors to make arrangements. Prospective participants at Cornell should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conferences on Teaching in Higher Education
- Case Study Teaching in Science – Summer Workshop or Fall Conference – in Buffalo, NY; May and September annually
- Project Kaleidoscope Upstate New York Regional Meetings – Saturday conferences twice a year; location varies; low-cost graduate student/postdoc registration; opportunities to present Teaching as Research posters
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network – Best for those considering a career with a teaching center, limited registration grants available for grads/postdocs; Next Dates: Fall 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA
- Teaching and Learning Conferences – list maintained by Elon University
- Teaching Conferences Directory – list maintained by Kennesaw State University
Future Faculty Recruitment and Training Institutes
- Virginia Tech’s Future Faculty Development Program – A two-day event, all-expenses-paid institute for doctoral candidates and postdoctoral scholars.
- Building Future Faculty Program, NC State University – A three-day, all-expenses-paid institute for graduate students and postdocs from backgrounds underrepresented in academia.