Travel and Training Programs
Travel Funding (Teaching-Related)
- CIRTL at Cornell Travel Grants – CIRTL at Cornell participants can apply for travel grants to further training in teaching (up to $500) or present a Teaching as Research project beyond Cornell (up to $1000).
- CIRTL Network Exchange Program – CIRTL at Cornell participants who have completed a Teaching as Research project can apply for a fully funded visit to one of 40 research universities to give a research and teaching talks and network with disciplinary colleagues; applications accepted at any time. Cornellians should inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CIRTL Network Summer Teaching Institutes – Spanning May-August, you can apply to attend 2- to 5-day institutes at institutions such as Drexel, Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, or the University of Colorado at Boulder. Cornell graduate students and postdocs may contact email@example.com about a travel grant application.
Higher Education Conferences
- Case Study Teaching in Science – Summer Workshop or Fall Conference – in Buffalo, NY; Next Dates: May 20-24, 2019; September 2019
- Project Kaleidoscope Upstate New York Regional Meetings – Saturday conferences twice a year; location varies; low-cost graduate student/postdoc registration; opportunities to present Teaching as Research posters
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network – Best for those considering a career with a teaching center, limited registration grants available for grads/postdocs; Next Dates: Fall 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA
- Other Teaching and Learning Conferences – list maintained by Elon University
Future Faculty Recruitment and Training Institutes
- Virginia Tech’s Future Faculty Development Program – A two-day event, all-expenses-paid institute for doctoral candidates and postdoctoral scholars.
- Building Future Faculty Program, NC State University – A three-day, all-expenses-paid institute for graduate students and postdocs from backgrounds underrepresented in academia.